Re: Planning AbiWord 2.5.0 - "Clusterfuck"

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 00:48:11 CET

> On 12/3/06, J.M. Maurer <uwog@uwog.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ants!
>>
>> It's that time again: getting the first version of a new developer
>> series out! Not all platforms are up to speed, but that's a very common
>> pattern here :-P
>>
>> My plan would be to release AbiWord 2.5.0 in 2 weeks, on Sunday,
>> December 17th. If there are no objections that is.
>>
>> Comments very welcome,
>
> I propose to make Tomas' "embedded" mode default for the 2.5 series,
> at least the part that does away with the margins in normal view mode.
> That way we have consistent look for standalone and libabiword.
>
> What do you think?

There is a potential problem. Right now the embedded mode stretches the
text all across the drawing canvas when in set zoom to page width. The
margins to the left and right are ignored.

If there is a section break, the user can change the left and right
margins of the page which could make the text to the right strech off the
drawable area.

I guess the user could manually change the zoom or go back into print
view, but I thought I'd raise the issue right now.