Re: Commit: abiwidget stuff

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 18:54:30 CET

Hi Dom,

Great stuff all of this.

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

> 3) Figure out why Dom's test program crashes when the window is
> closed. I figured out that the widget gets its destroy() method called
> twice, but I don't know why that is.

This is legal with GObjects and the destroy () function needs to be able
to handle being called multiple times. Not sure if that is of nay any
help, but I think that in general destroy () should not free memory,
only release references, while the actual freeing of memory should be
done in the finalize () method, which is guaranteed to be only called once.

Tomas