Normal Mode and WYSIWYG printing.

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 02:49:43 CET

Hi everyone,
             I want to raise an issue.

During the 2.5 cycle cycle the "normal mode" has been altered to fit the
most possible text on the screen. This includes things like ignoring
right margins, altering text indents and reducing the line spacing for
documents line spacings set at 1.5 or 2.0 time minimum.

This means that the document on screen can look considerably different
from how it is printed. It is easy to get even the number of pages shown
in normal mode to be different to what is actually printed.

So the question is, do we live with this and tell our users that normal
mode or embedded mode will not actually show you what your document will
look like on paper?

Or do we revert to the old behaviour which kept in the indents, spacings
and gave WYSIWYG printing?

Opinions please.