Re: Abiword splash-screen

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 17:02:19 CET

Vinicius Depizzol wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm creating gnumeric splash-screen[1] so I would want some standard
> for this. Can I create an abiword splash-screen too?
>
> [1] http://vdepizzol.wordpress.com/2006/12/16/gnumeric-artwork/
>
> Thank you.

I've been handling artwork, including splash screens, for a while now.
I actually have worked on a splash screen with similar Tango theming to
the Gnumeric one you post for 2.6 (our next major release). Due to our
great cross-platform (and cross-locale) nature, there are a few issues
with using a very similar splash screen for AbiWord (written text that
is not essential or cross-language, reference to GNOME, micro version
number listed in art). You're welcome to make something, but know that
if you don't, I'm more than happy to make a Tango-ified splash screen
for AbiWord, and will keep your design in mind for unity's sake.

Ryan

PS. See www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi for my work - I haven't yet
update the page with my Tango designs for the splash since they are
still in the formative stages, but look at our bugzilla at
http://bugzilla.abisource.com/ for a general idea, since I did the
banner redesign on that.

--
Ryan Pavlik