Idea: how to help debuging pixel dirts..

From: Petr Tomasek <tomasek_at_etf.cuni.cz>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 09:30:28 CEST

Hello!

One of the areas where abiword is still relatively buggy are
drawing errors. However it is quite hard to make reproducible
bug report for such a bug.

So I have an idea(TM;): what about creating sort of debugging
"changerecord log" window, so that user can cut&paste whats
going on into the bugzilla (and maybe have the facility to
parse the log again and "replay" it, so that the developers
can see exactly whats going on...).

This could possibly be usefull also for the AbiCollab stuff...

Just my CZK 0.50 ;)

P.

P.S. Or even better, we could have (semi)automated regression testing
with cases known to make probles, that would produce (let's say)
a web page with couples of images - the correct one a one that
is produced by "replaying" changerecord logs automatically...

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>