Re: Idea: how to help debuging pixel dirts..

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 10:15:40 CEST

> Hello!
>
> One of the areas where abiword is still relatively buggy are
> drawing errors. However it is quite hard to make reproducible
> bug report for such a bug.
>
> So I have an idea(TM;): what about creating sort of debugging
> "changerecord log" window, so that user can cut&paste whats
> going on into the bugzilla (and maybe have the facility to
> parse the log again and "replay" it, so that the developers
> can see exactly whats going on...).
>
> This could possibly be usefull also for the AbiCollab stuff...
>
> Just my CZK 0.50 ;)

Hi Peter,
         This is a great idea. I used this technique for the original
development of abicollab. It would be easy enough to implement it
again (maybe it could be invoked with a keystroke combo since it
is not something a normal user should see on their UI.)

You will need a working abicollab plugin to implement this.