Re: AbiWord on OLPC progress

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 23:13:44 CEST

On 7/13/06, Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Erik Pukinskis <erikpukinskis@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > 1) My current plan is to have a --enable-olpc command line option,
> > which would both start up AbiWord in a GtkPlug instead of a window,
> > and would signal the alternate interface. I figured out how to create
> > a commpand line parameter, and get its value into a method in AP_Args,
> > but I need to be able to access that object in, for example,
> > XAP_UnixFrameImpl::_createTopLevelWindow. But the arguments don't get
> > passed down that far. How should I get that information passed in?
>
> While a runtime option is very nice for testing it is rather likely
> that we'll need a configuration-time parameter in the future. That
> would let us build a slim version and exclude all unneeded stuff (e.g.
> dialogs). Look at how the hildon port does that, it also provides its
> own frame impl iirc.
>
> Also if you could make your tree available somewhere that would make
> it easier for me to quickly help you with isolated stuff. An AbiWord
> CVS branch would seem fit.

There is a branch now, called "sugar". It sports a compile-time option
"--enable-sugar" to build the OLPC specific code (once there is ...).

Tomas, would you recommend having the "EMBEDDED_TARGET" specific code
built for the OLPC? I'm not exactly sure what that would imply.

Erik, if you haven't done so already i'd like to encourage you to
subscribe to the cvs commits mailing list to keep up with development,
as described at [1].

[1] http://www.abisource.com/developers/

Cheers,
Rob