Re: AbiWord on OLPC progress

From: Erik Pukinskis <erikpukinskis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 20:02:30 CEST

On 7/17/06, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
<msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm very interested to see this code. Dom and I were the primary
> authors of the AbiWord widget (abiwidget) which enables Abiword to
> be embedded in arbitary containers. I'm most intrigued to see how
> you got to work and how it differs from the widget approach.

The code is very simple... I just replaced the main GtkWindow with a
GtkPlug, and then connect to a Socket in the OLPC shell. So, AbiWord
is started as a separate process. There's some weirdness still that
happens when I unplug the socket without properly shutting down the
AbiWord process.

I'll get patches together this weekend.

Best,

Erik