Community outreach conclusions?

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 15:03:12 CEST

Hi Ryan,

thanks for running the community outreach project, it's very
interesting to see what's going on outside the ant-hill.

What I'm wondering is, can any conclusions about the most wanted
features be drawn from the collected info? It seems the most mentioned
features are that it's
+ similar to Microsoft Word
+ but available for free.

So, should I get the message out to all GNOME devs that trying to
invent something completely new they are barking up the wrong tree
because all users want is a version of windows+msoffice for free?

*ducks*

- Rob