While we're at it... Blog-enabled nightly builds!

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 04:36:52 CEST

As long as Marc is on a roll with a test suite, I may as well join in
with my little bit of news: the nightly build setup I have on his VM
that has been uploading to http://www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/ has
now been enhanced with blogging capabilities!

That's right, a little Python script goes off now at the end of every
build, that posts to http://cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/buildblog/ with
either success or failure (judged by a pluggable function that processes
the build log, currently just looking for "ERROR") and the full log
after a break ("read more" link). I hope to explore linking to
sequentially-numbered builds and other little additions (highlighting
build errors, maybe?) soon, as well as add more builders to the list.
If anyone has a build going somewhere that can be scripted, email me for
the python script to run - all it requires is a log passed as the first
parameter, and a little customization (blog username and password, build
category (stable/head), and optionally a better detection for failure or
success.

This blog also, by its nature as a simple wordpress blog, has an RSS
feed, so you can enjoy the thrill that RSS provides in the reader of
your choice.

Enjoy!

--
Ryan Pavlik