Re: While we're at it... Blog-enabled nightly builds!

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 04:44:16 CEST

Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> As long as Marc is on a roll with a test suite, I may as well join in
> with my little bit of news: the nightly build setup I have on his VM
> that has been uploading to http://www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/ has
> now been enhanced with blogging capabilities!
>
> That's right, a little Python script goes off now at the end of every
> build, that posts to http://cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/buildblog/
> with either success or failure (judged by a pluggable function that
> processes the build log, currently just looking for "ERROR") and the
> full log after a break ("read more" link). I hope to explore linking
> to sequentially-numbered builds and other little additions
> (highlighting build errors, maybe?) soon, as well as add more builders
> to the list. If anyone has a build going somewhere that can be
> scripted, email me for the python script to run - all it requires is a
> log passed as the first parameter, and a little customization (blog
> username and password, build category (stable/head), and optionally a
> better detection for failure or success.
>
> This blog also, by its nature as a simple wordpress blog, has an RSS
> feed, so you can enjoy the thrill that RSS provides in the reader of
> your choice.
>
> Enjoy!

Oh, and by the way---
if anyone knows of some magic HTML codes to send to wordpress to make
the log look better, or a regex/better system for figuring out if the
build failed (since it says failed, but it actually worked just
fine...) (in Python or regex), please let me know, as it would be
greatly appreciated, and I have no clue.

Thanks!

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer