Localization of Win Installer

From: Martin Srebotnjak <miles_at_filmsi.net>
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 11:19:04 CEST

Now that I've completed the GUI translation into Slovenian, I have some
questions regarding the Windows installer:

1. The installer finds out and starts with the OS language, in my case
Slovenian. Which is great! But ... When it comes to the list of files to
be installed, the Slovenian spell-checker is not checked to be installed
- one must manually select it. Is there a way that the installer, that
auto detects the OS default language would also by default select that
language's spell checker in the install process?

2. Strings "Optional Downloadable Components Base URL", "Dictionaries"
and "Select download mirror..." on the installer page for selecting the
URL for dictionaries are all in English. Is there a localizable
installer file that I have to translate?

3. When I overwrite previous installation, a pop-up pops up and asks in
English, not Slovenian: "Overwrite Existing AbiWord?". The title of the
window is translated into Slovenian, just the message body isn't. Is
that a non-localizable string in AbiWord code or a string in the
NullSoft installation, something like "Overwrite Existing %s?".

4. String "Install mode: Warning found %s" is in English; probably a
string in NullSoft package?

Some other remarks:
AbiWord uses Windows system color picker, which is not a problem per se,
but if you have English Windows OS, but a French AbiWord and are French,
you would prefer to have the color picker in French, if it is a part of
AbiWord. Is there a way to localize the color picker?

Thanks,
m.