AbiWord 2.4 accessiblity with JAWS

From: Angus at InfoForce Services <angus_at_infoforce-services.com>
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 22:02:25 CEST

I downloaded AbiWord 2.4 and installed it on my Windows XP Home SP2 PC. I
tryed it with JAWS 6.2 and JAWS 7.1 after changeing the default colours to
black background and white foreground (negative image) which most low vision
people will use. I maintain two web sites that use different colours. One
has a deep red background and wite text. And the other is a midnight blue
background with white text. Chooseing colours is easy since I am using Hex
values.

Both JAWS would not read the document window until I did a select all. Why
will JAWS read the OpenOffice Document window? Am I missing something?

----
Angus MacKinnon
MacKinnon Crest Saying
Latin -  Audentes Fortuna Juvat
English - Fortune Assists The Daring
Web page http://www.infoforce-services.com
Choroideremia Research Foundation Inc. 2nd Vice president
http://www.choroideremia.org