Re: Croatian Localization

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 17:22:15 CEST

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 15:17 +0200, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Renato - No, problem, glad to help. Regarding spelling - I meant
> including the Croatian spell-checking dictionary in the installation sets.
>
> Everyone - how does one go localizing the following AbiWord helper files:
> - Help (is it single file that is built into html help or do you have to
> localize every single html file, delivered as English help with AbiWord)?

Don't touch these files. They are 1) outdated 2) hard to localize. We
should move to proper po files for help too.

> - Templates - can/should they be localized?

There is a bug about this. Currently, AbiWord does not support this, so
translating them now is not really useful.

> - Clipart - book.png and chip.png include English words, can they be
> localized or left out, can you regenerate the files? Also, simca.png
> seems to contain English words. Maybe including a picked out selection
> from Open Clip Art Library, maybe also something like the Tango Icon
> Library? If AbiWord could open svg files that would be perfect, it would
> really be clipart, that can be stretched to any size without
> deteriorating looks.

We can't regenerate the files (does anybody remember where they got from
in the first place?).

> I still don't know what happens with empty spaces between menu function
> names and ending "...", it is somehow thrown out. Should I file a bug in
> AbiZilla?

Are the "..." in the english strings as well? Afaic, AbiWord at runtime
adds the "..."'s. If so, then no ...'s should be in the translation
file!

Bye!
  Marc