Re: Croatian translation - finished - PO and nsh

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 16:01:11 CEST

Ah, now I understand you - didn't get what you were asking the first
time. This "bug" is actually a feature of Windows - Go into the Display
control panel, Appearance tab (I think), and then uncheck the box,
checked by default, labeled "Hide shortcut keys until I press Alt" (or
something similar). This is a new "feature" of windows starting with
Windows XP (or maybe 2000 - all I know is it wasn't in 9x)

Sorry about that! I actually didn't have time before I replied to check
out those files, and I actually generally use Linux so would have had to
reboot, only to see that I had turned off that setting :)

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> you didn't understand what I tried to say. Both English code & Slovenian
> po file includes a "&" shortcut sign, BUT: menu titles DO NOT DISPLAY
> the underlined letter, even though in the po file it INCLUDES '&'.
> It's not me not knowing how to define a shortcut, it's a bug in the
> rendering of menu titles.
>
> Find attached a screenshot. See, how the F in File is not underlined,
> even though it's an English build. You do not see that in your builds?
> And there's more: the shortcuts appear the first time you press the ALT
> button!
>
> I hoped you would reply: Oh, what a great bug catch! :)) Did you check
> in those two files I send? Thanks.
>
> Lp, m.
>
> Ryan Pavlik pravi:
>
>> To create the accelerator key (the underlined letter for use with
>> alt), insert a & before that letter in the string. I believe this is
>> also the way it is done in the translations.
>>
>> Ryan
>>
>> Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
>>
>>> Noticed a small bug - menu titles (like File, Edit, View, Insert ...) do
>>> not display shortcut underline (like underlined letter F in File etc.).
>>> Couldn't find it among bugs, but there are 200 bugs with shortcuts and
>>> menus, so I rather didn't file it. Maybe it's already in there, although
>>> with my quick browsing I didn't notice it.

Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer
www.abisource.com
"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement." - Helen Keller