Re: libabiword (Re: [sugar] A few more toolbar buttons for AbiWord?)

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 13:14:00 CET

> On 11/22/06, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu@tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> should I apply this patch to HEAD or to some other branch?
>
> Here is a slightly improved one (against HEAD):
> http://www.abisource.com/~robsta/sugar/abiword-libtool-02.diff
>
> What's missing:
> + Headers are not installed (easy).
> + pkg-config (easy)
> + split dialogs out of library (nice to have, requires fiddling)
>
> Still pondering whether to branch, getting it into HEAD quickly would
> certainly be preferrable. Would require some dedication I can't
> guarantee though. Hmm.
> Maintainers?

Hi Rob,
       Just to be clear. Does this produce a libAbiWord_private.so and an
AbiWord-2.6 executable that just calls libAbiWord_private.so?

Does the *.so include *everything* else (bar the plugins)?

If so, I'm not adverse to committing this to HEAD.

What do others think?

If we did this we could create a python wrapper around the GtkWidget
abiwidget and then use that to construct the sugar application.