Re: pyabiword

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 25 2006 - 12:43:56 CET

On 11/25/06, Petr Tomasek <tomasek@etf.cuni.cz> wrote:
> Hey, does it mean, that Abiword has some stable API that could
> be used for plugins, etc?

The API is not stable by any means. Plugins and other consumers will
have to hook internals the way they've always done. Declaring parts of
the internal API as stable and supporting it will be a pretty big
task. That's also the reason libabiword deliberately does not use
so-versioning yet (it will be named libabiword-2.6.so). We will just
try to guarantee compatitility over each release cycle, e.g. the
upcoming 2.6.x, after that all 2.8 versions ...

> What's the status of capi? Is it documented
> somewhere?

The C API has not received any feature commit in almost 3 years.
libabiword consumers will have to use C++.

Best,
Rob