Re: Missing features.

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 18:36:21 CEST

On 10/7/06, Alan Horkan <horkana@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

[...]

> > HI Everyone,
> > I miss a few features from the current set of toolbars.
> >
> > 1. Bullets and numbering
> > 2. Underlines
> > 3. Paragraph indent and unindent
> >
> > Can we find a way to put these back in the second or fourth toolbar?
> >
> > I have lots of pixels on my displays and I'm not afraid to use them :-)

I have a patch that puts all the removed buttons into the Table
toolbar, which has lots of space. Is that an acceptable short term
solution for you?
My intention is still to load the toolbar layout (maybe also menus)
from gtk ui manager style files, that would allow for fine grained
control.

> This is great but I was really hoping since so much good work has gone
> inot making abiword customisable that there would be an option to choose
> "Legacy Layout" and allow users to stick with the old layout. (Sometimes
> it is better the devil you know, and how are we to insist users learn
> something new if the old Abiword interface worked well enough for them.)

Be sure to file Requests in our bug tracker to make sure none of these
suggestions are accidentally forgotten. (One request per report please.)
http://bugzilla.abisource.com [1]