Re: layout units in UnixPangoGraphics - solution committed

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 10:31:17 CEST

msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>

> <snip>
>
>> No, I think this is the right approach. I am getting correct layout now,
>> but the print output is scaled down (looks like by 72/96). Any idea what
>> is causing it ?
>>

> Try putting
>
> I don't sse that at all. You might try un-commenting:
>
> gnome_print_scale (m_pGnomePrint->getGnomePrintContext(), 72./96.,
> 72./96.);
>
> In the constructor of UnixPangoPrint. I used to see the 72./96. behaviour,
> put this in, then saw thesse 1% effects and commented it out. I've only
> seen the 1% effects since. Pretty weird, but give it a go.

The gnome_print_scale () call makes no difference.

I had another look at the PDF, and it seems that (a) the physical size
of the page is wrong (A4 * 96/72), and (b) the character advances are
wrong, everything else seems correct. I know what is causing the latter
problem; the advances in the pango structures are stored in device
units, which were calculated for the screen. I know how to fix it and
will do tonight.

As for (a), I have not had chance to investigate.

Tomas