Re: layout units in UnixPangoGraphics - solution committed

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 23:52:04 CEST

>> I had another look at the PDF, and it seems that (a) the physical size
>> of the page is wrong (A4 * 96/72), and (b) the character advances are
>> wrong, everything else seems correct. I know what is causing the latter
>> problem; the advances in the pango structures are stored in device
>> units, which were calculated for the screen. I know how to fix it and
>> will do tonight.
>
> Fixed. Martin, could you see if it still works for you ?

Hi Tomas,
         Yes! It works great. Full justification is now perfect in print too.

There remains a problem with inline images though. An inline image upon
printing is moved vertically up and changes it's dimensions. Also it
would be nice to avoid the screen flicker when printing.

I probablly won't have time to fix this today. We also should turn sum1
loose on this and see if he can find obvious bugs but it appears we're
finally close to getting the pango graphics class finished.

Cheers!

Martin