Re: Request for AbiWord svg icon for OLPC (ryan?)

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 09:29:20 CEST

On 10/24/06, Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi everyone, well Ryan in particular,
> AbiWord needs an SVG icon for use
> on OLPC. Without it you can't run AbiWord in the sugar shell.
>
> Could someone with up an SVG version of the pen on paper background?
>
> I guess we should put more thought about what an appropriate icon would
> be for AbiWord to a child in the the third world should be, but until
> that process is finished having an svg version of the pen on paper could
> do.

The Gartoon icon theme [1] includes an abiword icon. (Gartoon is the
default icon theme for Edubuntu, Ubuntu's education spinoff).

Extracted, to save you a few clicks:
http://www.abisource.com/~robsta/tmp/abiword.svg
Not sure how it would go along the other sugar stuff though.

[1] http://www.zeusbox.org/download/

- Rob