Re: Dialog_Tab...

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 17:34:14 CEST

On 4/18/07, Michael Rosenbruch <michael@rosenbruch.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> here is a screenshot of my suggested ap_UnixDialog_Tab...
> 1). it shows always the defined tabs
> => Why should we hide them?
> 2). on the left side you find, how to set a new, or
> the properties to change them
> 3). on the right side you see all the tabs and
> manage them (could delete them)
>
> If you think that is better than the existing dialog, then I would
> implement it, and fix all the bugs with the units...

Hi Michael,

I don't really see how this is much different from what we have now,
except for the user tab-list and -buttons to be swapped.
Also the widgets are not properly aligned:
1) Labels "Default tab stops" and "User-defined Tabs" are not left aligned
2) Tab list is not right-aligned properly
3) Indentation of the "Position", "Alignment" and "Leader" widgets is
non-standard (see HIG)
4) "Hinzufügen" and "Löschen" buttons are not aligned.

What we have now is certainly not optimal, but I don't see any
improvement in your mockup. Whether user-defined tabs should be hidden
by default of not can be argued, of course.

Maybe the Tabs dialog should die completely, if in exchange direct
manipulation of user defined tabs in the ruler is improved. (Default
tab width could be a per document preference).

Best,
Rob