Rotating images by 90,180 and 270 degrees.-

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Apr 21 2007 - 04:23:13 CEST

Hi Everyone,
            OLPC Write has a feature request to be able to rotate images
by 90,180 and 270 degrees.

gdk-pixbuf has a function that enables this in gtk-2.6.

http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-scaling.html#gdk-pixbuf-rotate-simple

I propose that we add a new virtual method to GR_Image::rotate( enum
GR_Rotation)

That simply calls gdk-pixbuf-rotate-simple and sets the image width and
height appropriately.

We would also need a method in FG_Graphic::rotate(enum GR_Rotation)
which calls the GR_Image::rotate method.

Then the plan would be have a property "rotation" for images. If this
property is not present, the image is unrotated. If it is present, then
the image is rotated as requested after the construction of FG_Graphic.

Are there any comments on this plan?

Clearly windows and OSX would need to stub out the rotate method until
they could implement the feature.

I do not plan on adding any UI to AbiWord proper to access this feature.
The UI would only be in OLPC Write.