Re: GSoC07: keep dialogs in libabiword?

From: Teus Benschop <teus_at_teusbenschop.nl>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 05:53:28 CEST

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

>> embedded tweaks to get everything right. A dialog-less libabiword will
>> force every consumer application to reinvent all the tweaks for
>> FileSaveOpen plus every other dialog of interest.
>
> That assumes that our consumers want the tweaks in the first place,
> which I think is a bit presumptuous. But perhaps not much moreso than
> thinking that they wouldn't want them.

Being one of your customers as well as planning to write code for
libabiword, our planning is to integrate libabiword into Bibledit
(bibledit.sourceforge.net), an editor so different from a normal word
processor, that we indeed have made all dialogs of our own, and I have
disabled some keybindings on libabiword so that for example the font
dialog does not display, the save dialog does not display, and so on.
Hope that this real-world scenario helps you in making decisions.

Teus.