Maemo

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 20:55:51 CEST

Hey folks! If you haven't heard already, I now have an N800 (a
multitude of thanks to Hub for the dev. code!) and am eager to hack on
Abi on it. There are 770 binaries on the server that install, but don't
work very well, and I'm presuming at least the binaries need to be
recompiled, at most some porting changes to the new version of maemo.

My requests:
If you have them, deb source files for AbiWord and deps (libgsf, wv,
fribidi, enchant) - this would be the easiest
Instructions/tips for building - how did those binaries get there? I
have the Maemo 3.1 scratchbox installed and running.
Any other tips/pointers?

I've attempted a build, but as I'm pretty busy finishing up the semester
here, I haven't had much time. I did find that the configure script was
asking for gnomeprint even though we don't use it. I've attached the
updated configure.ac that makes gnomeprint configure checks conditional
on not being hildon, which seems to be the right thing to do. (I think
in 2.5.x we have a --disable-printing which makes this useless to
forward port). I'll make a patch (all 3 lines of it) when I get a
stable cvs checkout here to make it against - this file is modified from
the 2.4.6 source tarball. I'm now breaking on the dependencies, and ran
out of time to pursue those further

Thanks to anyone who may be able to provide help! On another note, I'm
thrilled to be working for Abi this summer on AbiCollab, and plan to not
only make it rock your socks right off, but do it robustly and reliably
as well :D (Hopefully portably too...)

Ryan

(resending - spam filter nailed me when I didn't gzip...)