Re: XAP_CocoaToolProvider

From: Jeshua Lacock <jeshua_at_OpenOSX.com>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 14:09:08 CEST

On Aug 2, 2007, at 5:57 AM, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

>>> That's why it does not work. The automake build system has not been
>>> updated on 2.4.x
>>
>> I am not by any means and automake expert.
>
> In 2.4.x, X-Code project are still being used. But X-Code being a so
> fantastic tools that projects breaks each time Apple rush a new
> release.
> The project DO work with the X-Code that works with 10.3. 10.4
> requires
> a newer version, and the projects do not work with it. Even less on
> Intel. Blame Apple, afterall they are the one breaking things that
> nobody else can fix.

Alas, it is impossible to build for Intel on 10.3.

I am not so concerned with placing blame as I am with fixing the issue.

>> Can you perhaps suggest what I might do to fix things up by
>> "hand"? I am
>> willing to work on it, I just am not sure where to start.
>
> It is likely adding some missing files.

I am not sure what to do? Remove the missing files from the makefiles?

If you can help me get these binaries built, I would be happy to
contribute the Intel/PPC bits for download.

> 2.5.x works, but I'm not sure you want to ship that. No warranties
> about
> an Intel or Universal Build, as so far, the only Apple offered us to
> help is access to the lab, not free.

I usually distribute stable versions. I have made an exception for
Gnumeric 1.7.11, but it has tested very stable and comes recommend by
the Gnumeric team.

> The Mac port needs serious love from a serious developer.

I am willing to do what I can, but I do not know what needs to be done.

Yours,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>
phone: 877.240.1364