Re: XAP_CocoaToolProvider

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 13:57:27 CEST

Jeshua Lacock wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Sorry; trying to build AbiWord 2.4.6 on Mac OS X 10.4.9, by running the
>>> configure script followed by "make".
>>
>> That's why it does not work. The automake build system has not been
>> updated on 2.4.x
>
> I am not by any means and automake expert.

In 2.4.x, X-Code project are still being used. But X-Code being a so
fantastic tools that projects breaks each time Apple rush a new release.
The project DO work with the X-Code that works with 10.3. 10.4 requires
a newer version, and the projects do not work with it. Even less on
Intel. Blame Apple, afterall they are the one breaking things that
nobody else can fix.

> Can you perhaps suggest what I might do to fix things up by "hand"? I am
> willing to work on it, I just am not sure where to start.

It is likely adding some missing files.
2.5.x works, but I'm not sure you want to ship that. No warranties about
an Intel or Universal Build, as so far, the only Apple offered us to
help is access to the lab, not free.

The Mac port needs serious love from a serious developer.

Hub