Re: New abiword icon

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 18:10:09 CEST

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Hi all!
> Vincent Untz [1] pointed out to me earlier today that Abiword have a
> blurry icon in the menu. [2]
> I had made a new icon a while ago, that works well in the menu as
> well. [3]
> You can find the icon in all sizes here:
> http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abiword.tar.gz
> These should be installed in $prefix/icons/hicolor/$size/apps , and
> more detailed instructions can be found in the gnome wiki [4].
>
> 1. http://flickr.com/photos/fooishbar/858424813/
> 2. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abiblur.png
> 3. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abisharp.png
> 4. http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AppIcon
>
> Do you want me to file a proper bug about this as well?
> Rock on with the Abiword development!
> - Andreas

Thanks for your contribution! If you'll look at the Abi 2.5 source, I
already have made and committed a tango-ized style icon. I am curious,
however, how we might modify the source to "properly" install the
multiple icon sizes requested by Tango/icon-theme-naming: right now all
we have is a 48px square png that goes into pixmaps - this is probably
the real source of fuzziness: resizing. (I also have the SVG's of the
icon, which is also being used on Windows. You can search for
abiword_48.png in our source tree to find what it looks like.)

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com