Re: New abiword icon

From: Andreas Nilsson <nisses.mail_at_home.se>
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 13:08:44 CEST

Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>> Vincent Untz [1] pointed out to me earlier today that Abiword have a
>> blurry icon in the menu. [2]
>> I had made a new icon a while ago, that works well in the menu as
>> well. [3]
>> You can find the icon in all sizes here:
>> http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abiword.tar.gz
>> These should be installed in $prefix/icons/hicolor/$size/apps , and
>> more detailed instructions can be found in the gnome wiki [4].
>>
>> 1. http://flickr.com/photos/fooishbar/858424813/
>> 2. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abiblur.png
>> 3. http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abisharp.png
>> 4. http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AppIcon
>>
>> Do you want me to file a proper bug about this as well?
>> Rock on with the Abiword development!
>> - Andreas
>>
> Thanks for your contribution! If you'll look at the Abi 2.5 source, I
> already have made and committed a tango-ized style icon. I am
> curious, however, how we might modify the source to "properly" install
> the multiple icon sizes requested by Tango/icon-theme-naming: right
> now all we have is a 48px square png that goes into pixmaps - this is
> probably the real source of fuzziness: resizing. (I also have the
> SVG's of the icon, which is also being used on Windows. You can
> search for abiword_48.png in our source tree to find what it looks like.)
>
> Ryan

Hi Ryan!
You can take a look at how either dates [1] or totem [2] does the icon
installation. That should probably work.
http://andreasn.se/diverse/temp/abiword.tar.gz uses all the sizes, it
don't have the pen though, do you want me to add that?

1. http://pimlico-project.org/dates.html
2. http://svn.gnome.org/ , module: totem
- Andreas