[Fwd: Aborted but useful fonts mangling]

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 00:14:21 CEST

attached mail follows:

So:

21:53 <@uwog> robtaylor: what are you trying to do anyway?
21:54 < robtaylor> uwog: well, i've written some code to add 'virtual'
font entries whenever you look up a font and get a different family back
21:54 <@uwog> ah joy.. tricky front code
21:54 < robtaylor> uwog: so when you load a .doc file with ,say Arial
in, you get an Arial entry in the font list that corresponds to whatever
fontconfig decided to
                   substitute for it
21:55 <@uwog> quite a nice idea!

The problem being, in ev_UnixToolbar.cpp:922
// for now, we never repopulate, so can just toss it
DELETEP(pControl);

To fix: _wd in ev_UnixToolbar.cpp would probably keep a hold of the
control and controls would need a way of signalling to refresh the
actual implementation.

BTW, the patch is against 2.4.6, not svn, but I guess it'll apply
cleanly against svn.

Please keep me CC'd in on any progress :)

Thanks,
Rob