Re: sponsorship

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 00:17:11 CET

On 2/26/07, Markus Lutzer <m.lutzer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm interested in deploying Abiword and therefore would like to know who
> is sponsoring Abiword. Who are the developers? Are most of you
> individuals, working for Abiword privately or are you coming from
> enterprises? Any help would be appreciated!

Basically AbiWord is developed by a group of dedicated volunteers in
their spare time. Half a dozen or so do regularly submit patches, that
means roughly once a month or more.
However, different types of sponsoring have been taking place in the past e.g.
  + Contracting of individual developers for the implementation of
desired features like "mail merge".
  + Code donations, like significant work on the ODT filters by a
Nokia owned company.
  + Participation in Google's "Summer of Code" program.

If you are considering to contract/sponsor developers yourself, please
announce details on the development mailing list (subscription info:
http://www.abisource.com/developers/ )

In case you don't want to be that public you may consider contacting
one of the maintainers listed in the CREDITS.TXT file (
http://www.abisource.com/viewcvs/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/abi/CREDITS.TXT?rev=HEAD
) under either of "project maintainer", "stable maintainer", "platform
maintainers". Email addresses may be outdated so visit the #abisource
channel at irc.gimp.net and ask for the latest or match names to email
addresses in the mailing list archives ( e.g.