Re: How frozen? (Re: Patch: use std::string)

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 22 2007 - 18:24:09 CET

On 1/18/07, Tomas Frydrych <tf@o-hand.com> wrote:

[...]

> It would be nice to have 2.6 out for Guadec, and I feel that could be
> just about realistic. I would like to suggest that from now on, we do at
> least fortnightly 2.5.x releases, and let's see what comes back from that.

That seems a bit much to me. In the 5 months from Feb. to (including)
June we'd have 10 2.5.x releases when pushing out tarballs twice a
month.
What about doing a tarball release around the beginning of the month
(starting with Feb.)? Then we'd have 2.5.5 (we could call it beta)
beginning of June.

- Rob