Re: Help requested for dnd to Nautilus and sugar

From: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu_at_tomeuvizoso.net>
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 18:36:13 CET

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 16:40 +1100, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
wrote:
> I have only set the targets to:
>
> static const GtkTargetEntry targets[] = {
> {"text/rtf", 0, 0}};
>
> I've tried dropping the text to nautilus, but it just rejects the event.

Hi Martin,

Nautilus sets up the text targets it can accept with
gtk_target_list_add_text_targets, so these are the targets it can accept
right now:

UTF8_STRING
COMPOUND_TEXT
STRING
text/plain;charset=utf-8 (this depends on the locale)
text/plain

Nautilus could support rich text dropping by using
gtk_target_list_add_rich_text_targets, but it doesn't.

I think you could also drop arbitrary formats into the nautilus root
window by offering "text/uri-list" and saving the contents to some temp
file, but perhaps that's more than what we want now.

Cheers,

Tomeu