Re: New Feature - Re: CVS: commit msevior abi/src/text/fmt/unix fv_UnixVisualDrag.cpp

From: Petr Tomasek <tomasek_at_etf.cuni.cz>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 18:33:57 CET

> > I really dislike message boxes, and this one seems to me of no value at
> > all -- if I want to open a document in a new window, I double click it;
> > I think it is more than reasonable to assume that if I go through the
> > trouble of dragging a document, I want it pasted/embedded into the target.
> >

> I agree with this Tomas. I'll happy make this the behaviour if this is the
> consensous of the community.
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

Nautilus is sometimes buggy (e.g. when opening files from remote locations)
and/or abiword is not always the default text editor. So it may sense
to explicitly DnD files into abiword to open it IMHO.

But, maybe one could make abiword open the document only
if it is droped over the "open" button in the toolbar?

P. T.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>