Re: A request for your input.

From: Alan Horkan <horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 00:58:34 CET

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 lmth@deakin.edu.au wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:03:06 +1100
> From: lmth@deakin.edu.au
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
> Subject: A request for your input.
>

> Hello
>
> My name is Lara Thynne and I am a PhD candidate at Deakin University
> Australia. I am currently researching the boundary between work and
> leisure activities directly related to the open source community and
> open source program development.

In the past some surveys have been very poor about communicating
information back to participent and in other cases participants have been
disappointed by some of the conclusions the surveys have drawn.

Sending your email from your University email address and using open
source software certainly helps boost your credentials but I and perhaps
many others will politely decline to take part in your survey but I hope
it will be of some help that I have explained my reasons for not
participating.

I might suggest contacting a local Linux Users Group. You may have the
opportunity to talk with them in person and find it easier to convince
them to take part in your survey.

Best of luck.

--
Alan