MS WORD DOCS issue

From: Dmitri <project1_at_sharedlog.com>
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 03:52:57 CET

Here is the problem I found using abiword 2.4.6

when trying to convert ms word to html using --to=html
if the file is created in Word 2003, then the program cannot extract
embedded image, only the text and formatting.

If I use save as in my Word 2003 and save as word 2000 doc, then abiword
can convert it to html including extracting embedded images.

The strange thing is that wvHtml program does not have this limitation
and can convert Word 2003 with embedded images to html. The problem with
wvHtml is that it does not preserve formatting as well as abiword.

I think the problem must be in libgsf since the error message always
mentions libgsf and also wvHtml does not use libgsf as far as I know.
Whould it be possible for abiword NOT to use libgsf when loading ms word
docs?

Isn't libgsf doing the same thing as wv - deals with msole?