Re: User manual in German.

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 17:52:13 CEST

> what is about translating the User Manual in german,...
> Is it wanted, is it needed and if the answer to both is yes, where can
> i get
> an actual Version of the original English Manual to start with?

Any help with the documentation is always wanted ofcourse :)

> You said the work on the new and actual Version of the Users Manual is
> still in progress: are there so big changes to the User's manual currently
> on the website? or is it only rewritten, corrected and details to new
> features
> added?

It is rewritten from scratch. It has nothing to do with what is
currently on our webpages.

> So a translation of the manual currently on the site would be worth it
> to havea base for a german User manual, that could be changed and corrected,
> if the new Version is ready, so a part of the work is done with the old
> manual and the last part will be done with help of the new...

More likely all your work done on the current manual will have to be
deleted when the new one is done.

I think the best course of action would be to fill in the gaps in the
new English documentation, and then translate it on the fly to German as
well.

I have no clue about the current state of the new documentation, but
Alexander van Loon <svloon@xs4all.nl> does. He started the new
documentation. I've CC-ed him.

> Regards Marc (we're namesakes, funny, isn't it? :D)

Yay! :)

  Marc