Re: Help: Can't build Windows SVN due to libpng

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 09:31:30 CEST

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Bobby Weinmann
<bobby.weinmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build on Windows. I am following Ryan's instructions
> at http://www.cleardefinition.com/page/Building_AbiWord_2_8_on_Windows/
>
> However, he only mentions that you need libpng, not how to install it.
>
> No matter how I install libpng, nor the source (GnuWin32 or GNOME), I
> get this error running win32-autogen.sh:
> configure: error: `png.h' not found, install libpng or specify
> CPPFLAGS to include custom locations
>
> This is the script I am using to build:
> #!/bin/sh
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/mingw/lib/pkgconfig/'
> export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /mingw/share/aclocal/"
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/mingw/include/libpng13"
> ./win32-autogen.sh

Hi Bobby,

hopefully you haven't given up already, unbelievable how much is
happening on this list during one night's time.

Try specifiying the paths like this:
export CPPFLAGS="-I/c/mingw/include/libpng13" (assuming your MinGW
installation is on drive C:), this is what I did when I built TRUNK on
win32 recently.

I would very much recommend to build TRUNK on win32, we have just
recently made sure it works and much appreciate people trying it. Feel
free to contact me for further advice either here on the list or on
IRC.

- Rob