Re: Plugin RFC

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 18:31:51 CEST

Thanks for getting this started Dom.
Here are a few data points, all TRUNK, stripped, cross-built on linux
with gcc 3.4.5 and weighed using ls -lh.

Plain executable:
5.0M abiword.exe

Including a set of statically linked plugins, namely
babelfish kword s5 t602 xslfo loadbindings applix sdw iscii
freetranslation clarisworks hancom urldict nroff mif eml latex hrtext
docbook mswrite passepartout openwriter wml pdb wikipedia opml pdf
paint presentation google:
5.6M abiword.exe

A typical one-file plugin:
53K bmp.dll