WV and WV2

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 01:10:04 CEST

Hey folks! In my ongoing quest to get AbiWord 2.6 properly delivered to
Ubuntonians world wide, I needed to file a request to get libwv (1.2)
promoted to a "main" supported status. This brought up the fact that
the (old, unmaintained) wv2 is already in main, leading to an apparent
duplication of features.

However, only kword uses wv2 - does anyone have information we might be
able to provide to them to help them migrate to a maintained library and
make life easier for me (in talking with ubuntu) and ubuntu (in
justifying having two libs named wv in main)?

For that matter, if someone would like to make a statement supporting
why libwv-1.2 deserves to be included in main, that would be great. I
thought that this one would be easy, since we used to just pitch it in
the source tarball and not doing so is nicer to distributions, but it
seems almost harder so far.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik