Re: Plugin RFC

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 02:15:55 CEST

> For the record: dom and I built some plugins that only exported the 3
> 'plugin' symbols that every plugin needs to have. The load issue still
> existed. Conclusion: the issue is _not_ a symbol clash related one.
>
> Observation: say you have plugins A, B and C, the order in which plugins
> are loaded matters. If you load A, B and C and C fails, then loading A,
> C and then B will probably make B fail. At least in my tests.

After some more debugging, I at least found that the DllMain function of
the 'offending' plugin is not even called. I did find a weird call to
some random place in the memory. Maybe LoadLibrary can't find the
DllMain function always? For the 2 other plugins (I tried with 3), it
seems to go just fine though.

I could really use a proper MSVC build with plugins now ...

  Marc