Re: GSoC07: buildsys merged

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 05 2008 - 17:11:31 CET

[ This is just for the record, things have been resolved in #abiword ]

Hi Dom,

On Jan 4, 2008 9:06 PM, Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'm getting undefined references to popt and gthread when linking
> abiword static.

Fixed by Dom, thx.

On Jan 5, 2008 2:34 PM, Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Replying to myself...
>
> I see this when running autogen.sh:
> ../abiword/autogen.sh: 45: [[: not found

Fixed by Dom, thx.

> I'm also seeing dependencies not being tracked properly. I'd been
> editing ie_exp_PDF.cpp, typing "make" followed by "sudo make install".
> When modified, the file gets recompiled and several libtool .la
> archives are rebuilt. However, the libabiword-2.5.la and static
> abiword executable aren't rebuilt.

Fixed, thx for reporting.

> Finally, what's the status of the GOption patch, Rob? We can obviate
> the need for popt on all platforms if we use that instead.

IŽll finish it for 2.8 at latest. Probably a minimally invasive
solution, rather than the half baked patch that also tries to nicify
some things.

Cheers,
Rob