Crossbuilding AbiWord for Win32

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 14:47:55 CET

Hi,

to clean up any potential mess left behind by the popt/GOption
migration I have tried building abiword/win32 trunk on linux again.
Here are the instructions, in case anyone wants to do the same:

(1) Install mingw. On ubuntu you need the packages mingw32,
mingw32-binutils and mingw32-runtime
(2) Get all the dependencies in place. If you trust me you can
download http://abisource.com/~robsta/tmp/win32-deps.tgz and unpack it
in /opt. You will get /opt/win32 as base dir for the win32 stuff.
(3) source /opt/win32/bin/mingw-env.sh
(4) Go to to source tree and run CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/win32/include"
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/abiword --host=i686-pc-linux-gnuaout
--target=i586-mingw32msvc
(5) make

abiword.exe will end up in src/. You need to copy it to /opt/win32/bin
to run it under wine, or alternatively copy all the required DLLs to
src/. There is surely some better solution.
It's very crash-happy here, but i blame it on wine.

Cheers,
Rob