Re: Crossbuilding AbiWord for Win32

From: Ryan Pavlik <abiryan_at_ryand.net>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 02:32:56 CET

Robert Staudinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to clean up any potential mess left behind by the popt/GOption
> migration I have tried building abiword/win32 trunk on linux again.
> Here are the instructions, in case anyone wants to do the same:
>
> (1) Install mingw. On ubuntu you need the packages mingw32,
> mingw32-binutils and mingw32-runtime
> (2) Get all the dependencies in place. If you trust me you can
> download http://abisource.com/~robsta/tmp/win32-deps.tgz and unpack it
> in /opt. You will get /opt/win32 as base dir for the win32 stuff.
> (3) source /opt/win32/bin/mingw-env.sh
> (4) Go to to source tree and run CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/win32/include"
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/abiword --host=i686-pc-linux-gnuaout
> --target=i586-mingw32msvc
> (5) make
>
> abiword.exe will end up in src/. You need to copy it to /opt/win32/bin
> to run it under wine, or alternatively copy all the required DLLs to
> src/. There is surely some better solution.
> It's very crash-happy here, but i blame it on wine.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

When I attempt (on windows in MSYS) an equivalent build (adding the
include dirs for boost and ASIO)

Administrator@GAMMA2KVM /c/src/abitrunk/abi
$ CPPFLAGS="-I/c/src/abitrunk/libs/boost/ -I/c/src/abitrunk/libs/asio/"
./autog
en.sh
+ Entering source dir . ...
+ Running libtoolize --force --copy
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
MINGW32_NT-5.0
+ Win32 detected, skipping autoheader
./autogen.sh: /bin/automake: No such file or directory
+ Running autoheader ...

* warning: possible errors while running automake - check autogen.err

+ Creating aclocal.m4: aclocal -I ./plugins/collab -I ./plugins/collab

* warning: possible errors while running aclocal - check autogen.err

+ Running automake ...

* warning: possible errors while running automake - check autogen.err

+ Creating configure...

* warning: possible errors while running automake - check autogen.err

+ Leaving source dir . ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
./autogen.sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

Here's the thing that confuses me - I have automake 2.59 and autoconf
1.8.2 already installed and in the MSYS path - it shouldn't have trouble
finding them.

Any clues?

Ryan

--