Re: Some update on xsltml -- gsoc08latex

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 14:32:20 CEST

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 00:34 +0800, Xun Sun wrote:
> Hi Marc and list,

First of all, sorry for this insane late reply. I've been extremely
busy, but things should be calm from now on.

> Part of my gsoc project is to add the ability to convert mathml
> equtions to latex ones in the latex exporter. As discussed on the irc,
> using xslt stylesheets is a reasonable way to go. These days I have
> been investigating xsltml [1], a suite of xsl templates for
> transforming mathml to latex. I tried the cvs HEAD version. Here is
> some brief update:
>

> The total size of these stylesheets is less than 300kB. It is not
> licensed, so there is no license issues.
>
> It seems promising to me, but I still want to hear your thoughts since
> I am not experienced in this area. So any feedback is welcome :)

Excellent, this sounds like a perfectly workable solution: 1) it will
give pretty good results from the looks of your research 2) this
approach will actually be easily distributable (ie, it doesn't require
weird dependencies).

One question though: "no license", what does that mean? Is it perhaps
public domain? _no_ license scares me :)

We can talk on irc if you need any help integrating this into your
exporter.

Cheers!
  Marc