Re: Using Enchant in LyX

From: Abdelrazak Younes <younes_at_lyx.org>
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 16:03:14 CEST

Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>
>> So, my questions are:
>> - Is there any binary package for Enchant? I mean one that contains
>> pre-compiled dlls (including glib) and the headers for development.
>> - If yes, which compiler did you use (we use MSVC2008 express)?
>> - If no, this means that I'll have to use the source but I can't find
>> a stable branch in the Enchant repository. Does this mean that I
>> should just use the 1.4.2 source package? Or is svn trunk considered
>> stable?
>> - If no, are the MSVC projects in enchant/trunk/msvc the one to use?
>> - last but not least: would you consider moving away from glib and use
>> equivalent C++ feature instead? If yes, I guess I could help a bit.
>>
> No need - there are good GLIB binaries (official ones!) here:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/glib/

Hum, are these the same as the ones found here?
http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

It is said at this page that those are compiled with mingw and can't be
used for MSVC > 6. Of course, I don't quite understand this statement
because C libraries are in principle portable across compilers but
still, I'd prefer to have all libraries compiled with the same compiler.

Thanks for the reply,
Abdel.