Re: Fwd: Smart quotes patch

From: Bobby Weinmann <bobby.weinmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 21:35:54 CET

Here is my second attempt at a patch. I have done some preliminary
tests and it seems to work for English. The new thing is that UNDO
WORKS! (at least for me)

As I said before, there are some features I'd like to add, but I want
to see the reaction to what I have here.
1) A GUI to set quote characters (I believe the rules will work for
most languages, only the characters would need to change)
2) An easy way to add an apostrophe at the beginning of a word ('Tis
or 'em) - perhaps you could use the backtick?

Neither of these is a big deal to me. I rarely write anything besides
English, and then, without quotes, but it would be more robust.

Please note that there is a GUI option in the Preferences dialog to
turn smart quotes on/off.

Bobby