Re: Fwd: Smart quotes patch

From: Bobby Weinmann <bobby.weinmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2008 - 18:02:06 CET

I took a look at it and this is a general bug, I believe.

The algorithm for smart quotes works like this:
If the character being worked on is an ANSI quote
    Select the quote character
    Insert a smart quote over the top of it.

If you try the same thing manually:
(1) Create new doc.
(2) Insert Table
(3) Move caret to cell (0,0)
(4) Change font size via the toolbar dropdown, say to "26"
(5) Type "a"
(6) Highlight the "a" with the mouse or kbd
(7) Type "b"
The font size is reset to default.

I am too much of a newbie to Abiword dev to know what, if anything, to
do about this. As a workaround, you can highlight the quote after
the fact and change the font size.

Bobby