Re: Fwd: Smart quotes patch - committed.

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 03:40:29 CET

Committed! Excellent work Bobby. works like a charm with AbiCollab
including undo/redo. Thank you very much. we've wanted to get this
feature right for a long time.

It may be worth backporting this to 2.6.

There are a few extra features improvements worth discussing though.

1. Implement Tomas's suggestion to allow the curly quote to be translated.
2. The feature has it's own panel in the Unix options dialog. It looks
pretty lonely up there.

Does it make sense to move the check box to another, pre-existing panel?

Anyway, congratulations once again. None of us has been able to get
this to work.

Thanks for the catch. I forgot to turn off smart quote replacement in
cmdRedo() as well as cmdUndo. Your test case works now. Please let
me know if you find any other similar problems.

I zipped the patch this time to make it a little smaller.

Bobby