Find Bar

From: Alexander Haro <amduser29_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 04:34:49 CET

Hello everyone,

I am a student interested in improving the find/replace dialog of
AbiWord for the gsoc program. I was wondering what the developers of
AbiWord thought would be useful features to have implemented for this
project. I understand that AbiWord is designed for 'non-tech' people,
but I think it is important to hear the input of the developers as
well. What I am currently imagining is a find bar that is very
similar to Firefox. It would include a find as you type feature much
like the typeaheadfind component of Firefox. I also plan to add
regular expressions (which could be turned on and off) similar to
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6534.

Look forward to hearing back from the list! I can also be contacted by
IRC nick amduser.

Alex